Does anybody like writing “About” pages? What does one say about oneself? I’m going to keep it simple and go with just the facts.
1. I’m getting older. I know, I know, we all are, but I have one of those landmark birthdays approaching. As I write this on Dec. 18, 2018, I am 33 days away from turning 50. Hello, mid-life crisis. For those of you counting it out on your fingers or planning on getting me a present or a card, that makes it January 20. For the more esoteric in the crowd, I’m right on the cusp between Capricorn and Aquarius but have been told I’m definitely more Aquarius leaning. More importantly, how the hell is somthing called Aquarius NOT a water sign? Aqua means water, for Christ’s sake.
- I’m a father. My kids are 24 and 17 and they are both amazing humans. You will undoubtedly get to hear me spout off about them should you decide to follow my blog. The 24-year-old son lives on his own (well, with like 5 roommates) and the 17-year-old daughter recently moved back in with her mother
- I am single. If you want to find out more about how that came about and how it’s been going, definitely follow the blog. If you want a date, send an email. 😉
- I live alone. Well, not quite. My roommate’s name is Icarus and he’s about 12″ long. No, it’s not my penis, he is a bearded dragon. Sometimes my cat hangs out, too, but he’s a free spirit.
- I work at a job I likely won’t bother telling you much about.
- In my spare time, I am a writer. That you’ll probably hear about a bit but, let’s face it, who wants to read about writing? Every writer and his fucking dog blog about writing, so I’m going to try to avoid it.
- I have a foul mouth and will not try to hide it. If you’re offended by fuck, shit, damn, god, and all the rest, you may want to move along. And fuck you, anyway.
- If there’s anything else you want to know, just ask. I intend to be honest to a fault. Sorry in advance to anyone that may hurt or make uncomfortable, but one or both of us must deserve it.
That’s all the “about” I can think of. Find out more by following along. Hopefully I’ll entertain you a bit, maybe I’ll accidentally say something deep and change your world…doubtful, but you never know.